Enriched Learning Experiences
Professor Lue sees the potential for the program to serve as an “on-ramp” for individuals new to the knowledge economy and as an opportunity for community members to explore deep content from across Harvard’s schools, and engage with faculty and students.
HarvardX for Allston aims to enrich learning experiences and workforce development opportunities for Allston-Brighton residents.
Programming will include:
- Entry-level programs focused on providing information age literacy skills;
- Workforce and professional development programs; and
- Academic-based programs, including lectures, presentations, study groups, and discussion forums.
Past Programs and Events
- "The Ancient Greek Hero in 24 Hours"- Public lecture and dialogue with Professor Gregory Nagy and in-person “dialogue sessions,” or discussion groups coinciding with the HarvardX course led by a Harvard teaching fellow.
- "Entrepreneurship and Healthcare"- Public lecture with Professor Tarun Khanna and in-person case study discussion groups coinciding with the HarvardX course led by Harvard teaching fellows.
- "Poetry in America: The Poetry of Early New England"- A discussion with Professor Elisa New. Watch the presentation.
- "Understanding China's past, present and future"- A discussion with Professor Peter K. Bol on a timeless Chinese love story
- “Early Christianity: The Letters of Paul”- A discussion with Professor Laura Nasrallah
- edX Information Session at the Ed Portal