Enhance your basic Microsoft Word skills for career success! Microsoft Word for Beginners will teach you how to create, edit, and format documents, insert simple tables and create lists, and employ a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content. You must be familiar with using personal computers.
Course participants will learn how to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
In addition to the workshop, participants can attend two Practice Sessions:
October 3, 2017, 10:00am-12:00pm, Harvard Ed Portal iStudio
October 5, 2017, 10:00am-12:00pm, Harvard Ed Portal iStudio
Participants will be guided through activities to practice what they learned in the course.