Let’s face it—money is the fuel that keeps your organization running. No matter your role, by understanding the fundamentals of finance, you ensure your team will make the most of its resources.
During this challenging time, the Harvard Ed Portal is pleased to offer Allston Brighton residents, business owners, entrepreneurs, nonprofits as well as others in Greater Boston a valuable four-week online learning and professional development opportunity, Finance Essentials.
* Space is limited to 25 and priority will be given to Allston-Brighton residents/businesses, but registration is open to all in the greater Boston and Cambridge area.*
This online course from Harvard Business Publishing, the publishers of the renowned Harvard Business Review, will teach you how to interpret financial statements, create a budget, and invest wisely to produce the desired returns. You'll learn the key concepts with a mix of practical content, videos, infographics, and downloadable tools.
Access to four Harvard Business Publishing online courses and four weekly meetings with a cohort of up to 25 local business and community professionals, given:
- You take the Finance Essentials course
- You attend four weekly live sessions (3/23, 3/30, 4/6, 4/13) led by Harvard Extension School Instructor Areen Shahbari (biography found below)
Why the Finance Essentials course?
- The Finance Essentials course will help managers:Use financial ratios to interpret financial statement numbers and gauge your company’s financial health
- Create a budget that aligns with your company’s strategy
- Determine whether the benefits of a new investment outweigh the costs
- Track the financial performance of your operations, projects, or investments
- Develop your team’s financial literacy so they can understand the big picture, improve their performance, and make better decisions